Monday 17 August 2009

Evs and McConnel do it German style

Hey all, Happy Monday. Just a note to say how it is out here in Zittau at XTERRA Germany. 1500m open water, 36km MTB and 9km Run. Over 400 hundred racers and 12 nationalities present ..

Ryan Evans (token Welshy) and me (loud talking ainglander) had a fun packed weekend .. although we each had our own races ...Ryan started well with a confident swim .. I swam terribly slow for me and a bit like a zig zag pinball (more paddle work Jim!) .. then on the bike I had a flyer for me with 12th quickest whilst Ryan had the day from hell with broken spokes, getting lost and then a woppa puncture ... and then into the run Ryan survived and I hobbled round best I could returning from long term achilles and knee injuries. Not sure where Ryan placed but we both shared a bit of watermelon after and consoled ourselves. I even managed a good massage!

Great race, super party after with live music -- van halen -- amongst other covers and a really nice recovery day in the sun riding around the lake and swimming.


L to R -- Kartoffel, the Swiss Miss, Ryan, Jim, Transalp, Macca

Now I´m getting in the car with Renata for 850km to travel to Klopeinersee in Austria for the Euro Champs next weekend. Looking forward to that so much you can imagine!

Ryan´s off to wind his way thru Germany to Austria with Llewellyn Kartoffel .. and to swear loudly at Harry. Hope he can make it back full of zing next weekend.

See yáll later!

No comments: