Tuesday 3 November 2009

World Champs and Stuff

It's been the end of season in the u.k so pete and I have been a little under cover for the last few weeks. You can't take your eye off the ball with Driven to tri though! Blink and you risk missing a whole shed load of world domination.

Lets start with the Dibens, three times xterra world champion, not much more to be said. Good luck in Clearwater. Daz didn't let her have it all her own way winning the female age group race in a record time.

Out in Australia Kate also had a great day at the world long distance Champs finishing 22nd having spent the swim and the bike inside the top 10.

Back at home Steve and Fran Both had solid races at the Sandy Balls Duathlon (great name Richard!)

We ran our first swim camp of the Winter, Dave was kind enough to send us the following comment, we expect you to out swim split Julie in Florida.

"Just to let you know I swam this morning finishing off with 5 x 100m quality set. Previous best time 79 reducing to 81, 82 at the end. This morning I did 75 for four and finished with a 74, so the camp must have worked. Normally I'm blowing quite heavy after this but today I was less knackered, however I could feel the fatigue in the forearm, back of the arm and back muscles. So pretty amazing and I felt that I could faster."

Next on the list are the Bath Big weekend in 3 weeks time and the soon to be famous Driven To Tri christmas party, be there or be square!

1 comment:

Steve Birtwistle said...

Excellent stuff Julie!! Congratulations on win number 3!
Any chance of borrowing your Computrainer???!! :)
Good luck in Clearwater. I was there last year, but injured. I'm sure you will do well!
All the best
Steve