Thursday 3 April 2008

Lanzarote Training Camp

Hello, Julie here. So it's been a little while since I last wrote an update, but to be honest there wasn't much to report. Most of February and March were spent plugging away at home in bath, and dealing with a few niggles here and there. So to be honest I wasn't having the best of times. I needed to get away, get some sun on my back, and have a few consistent weeks of training to get my confidence back. For me there is nowhere better to do this than in Lanzarote. I have been going to Lanzarote at least once a year for the last 6 years, and I always seem to come away stronger and fitter.

So I booked my flights, persuaded some other eager beavers to join me and off we went to rack up some sunny miles. This included a number of Driven to Tri athletes as well as some of my training buddies (or friends of). I stayed out there for 3 weeks, and with the end of the trip falling over Easter it meant Mike could come and join in on the fun for the last 10 days. There was a great mix of people to train with - some more serious than others, but I think that's what helped make it such a successful trip. I even managed to get some good training done - despite Sam Gardner (fellow Xterra athlete) and Susan's best efforts!


Bring on 2008!

No comments: